When was the last time you had a really bad day? Do you ever feel like your day just couldn’t get any worse? Even if you are an optimist and believer of good things, one too many setbacks can easily evaporate your zest.
When confronted with difficult circumstances, do you tend to ask, “Where is God in the mundane of life?” “What’s He doing in the midst of this mess and what role am I supposed to play?”
Bad days teach us how to be compassionate — to have understanding and to trust that God is with us through it all. God uses bad days to discipline us, to teach us how to lean on Him, and ultimately to bless us. Even when we feel alone, God is there. The good news is that He loves us on our good days as much as He loves us on our bad days.
No matter what each day brings, God is right in the midst of it. He is omnipresent.
He lives in us and we’re united with Him all of the time, even when we feel overwhelmed. Our great need is to see Him in the mundane. Our failing is that we tend to only look for Him in the extraordinary or obviously spiritual realms of life. This leads us to miss so much, as God uses the ordinary circumstances of life to reveal His extraordinary truth, glory, and grace.
“For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11
Can you imagine the difference it would make if we’d learn to see the glory of God in the moment? We tend to live moment-by-moment, don’t we? Even though we often think about the future and the past, we actually live in the moment. When we let our fleshly feelings lead us, we easily stray from God’s purpose. As Christians, we can live in a way that transcends this fallen tendency. The amazing reality is that we’re experiencing each issue as an eternal moment with God.
Aligning Our Compasses to True North
Finding God in the routine of life is essential to developing vibrant faith. Pursue intimacy with God in the moment with these thoughtful approaches:
- For the next week, try to pause in the midst of your activities and challenges to contemplate how, in each moment, you can be fully one with God — you in Him and He in you.
- Begin each day with the Lord to increase your likelihood of retaining His perspective, letting His glory overcome your circumstances.
- Take each moment captive to Christ, remembering that we build our business and ministry “one day at a time.”
- Remind yourself daily that each moment is what we’re given...and He is all we need to get through it.
- Find grace and mercy in the little things, the mundane routines, and even those really bad days. Remember, God is disciplining us to be strong, to endure tough times, and to bless others during their rough patches, too.
“This is the day which the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118:24
Get Connected with C12
C12 members are united in their purpose to do workplace ministry right — to be good stewards of what God has entrusted by expanding His Kingdom. To learn more about this unique approach to business, we invite you get connected with a C12 group in your area.